About the Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Administrator

Bookmarks and Subscriptions

Bookmarks and subscriptions offer unique features you may find useful within the community. Each feature is detailed below!

Bookmarks: 

Bookmarks enable you to access community content (forums, stream articles, topics, or individual posts) you find particularly valuable on a special page so you can easily them it again.

To bookmark content:

• Navigate to the content 
  • Click the 'Options' button, and select 'Bookmark'

Subscriptions:

Subscribing to a location or piece of content means you will receive email updates whenever new content is posted. You can subscribe to an entire forum, a specific post in a forum, a steam, a specific stream article -- basically anywhere or to any content within the community that you find valuable. 

To subscribe to content:

• Navigate to the content 
  • Click the 'Options' button, and select 'Subscribe'

Quickly find your bookmarks and subscriptions:

To review your bookmarks and subscriptions, simply access your personal profile by clicking your avatar icon! Your profile page will display your bookmarks and subscriptions in separate components. 

To manage your bookmarks/subscriptions:

• Access your bookmarks and subscriptions as indicated above
  • Click the carrot (>) to the right of the component title
  • Click the checkbox next to items you want to modify
  • Choose "Bookmark (or) Subscription Options" and make the desired selection.

7 REPLIES
Lieutenant

Re: Bookmarks, Subscriptions, and RSS -- what's the difference?

So all the previous browser bookmarks we had to Community pages no longer work and there is no way to migrate those without just searching for each Community and bookmarking again (either/both with browser bookmarks or these Lithium ones)?
In a similar sense, is there/will there be any help material to show how Lithium compares/contrasts with the old Exchange? I am already getting lost and browser bookmarking too many pages just to navigate "home"... Let me know if there is a better place to post this/read posts.

Administrator

Matt-

You are correct; in changing the platform that powers the Exchange Community, the URLs for each piece of content were affected.  As a result, you're exactly right--old bookmarks will need updating.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm hoping you'll start to discover the value of the features of the new platform and that you'll benefit from the new tight integration between the Community and the Knowledgebase.

Mike and I will be up in Secaucus during the first week in October and would love to catch up if you're around.

--Jeff

Hi Nava / @Jeff,

I am not able to get the RSS feeds to work on any content apart from this Community Care section?

All the other areas seemed to be block with the message "Permission Denied" as shown:

2018-09-15_09h55_25.png

Is there something we need to do here to get this to work? 

Thanks, Rob

Administrator

Hi Robert, 

Thanks for letting us know about this! I'll work to find a resolution and will update you. Smiley Happy

Commander

Merging of sub-communities in Jive has resulted in the content I'm interested in being greatly outnumbered by content I'm not really interested in. 

Is there a way to only subscribe to only a label or a group of tags within a forum?

Administrator

Hi Tony,

Yes, there are a couple ways of doing this!

1. If you sort content by clicking a specific label, a blue box will appear confirming your sorting choice. Within this message is the option to subscribe to the label you sorted by.

2. Alternately, once you have sorted by a label, you can click the "Options" button and select "Subscribe". You will then be subscribed to topics with that label. 
Captain | EcoXpert Master

Re: Bookmarks and Subscriptions

How can I search for all posts from a specific user with attachments? In particular, I am looking for all posts from Benji (Roswall) that have attached files.

Steve Joanis
Director of Engineering @ ENE Systems