What actions should be taken if the alarm " Missing response from server" appear in the ES?
EcoStruxure Buidling operation 2.01 and later versions.
ES/EC is waiting for response from another server(most likely AS/AS-P/AS-B) for more than 120 minutes. Might lead to deadlock and starvation of resources. Can potentially replicate through the system and affect other servers.
Examples of problems that could occur is:
- Values in graphics which reside in a subserver(most likely AS/AS-P or AS-B) is not updating.
- Not possible to login to ES/EC
Acknowledge the alarm "Missing response from Server"
- If not triggered again after 15 minutes then it is not a problem anymore (less likely though)
- If triggered, then continue below
- In the Alarm view, locate which server the alarm "Missing response from Server" comes from and log in directly to that server. Is the server responding?
- If not restart the server, if it is responding unplug network cable to server for a few minutes.
- Plug in cable again and acknowledge alarm.
If it triggers again after 15 minutes, then
- Take 2 core dumps on server(for investigation why this problem occured) contact your local Product support contact for instructions on how to do that.
- Restart the server(should fix the problem)