An "Invalid Pointer" error message is displayed when attempting to open an existing project in the WorkPlace Tech Tool software.
WorkPlace Tech Tool release 5.x.x
The WorkPlace Tech Tool project database file (project-name.wtp) is missing or is corrupted.
Use the WorkPlace Tech Tool software to recreate the project and reassociate the applications with the project.
- Navigate to the project folder using Windows Explorer.
- If the a .wtp project database file is present, rename the file, by adding .save to the end of the existing .wtp file name, for example, rename My_Project.wtp to My_Project.wtp.save
- Close Windows Explorer.
- Open WorkPlace Tech but do not open the project.
- Under the WPT Project Menu, select New
- Specify the name of the project. Use the same name as the existing project folder. Using my example from step 2, you would create the project named My_Project
- In the displayed "Add Application to Project From..." window, select the "Unassigned File" tab.
- All existing applications for that project will appear in the list. Select them all by holding down the [Ctrl] key on your keyboard and clicking on each file shown in the list.
- Click the [OK] button at the bottom of the window to add all the selected applications to the newly created project.
- Exit from the Workplace Tech Tool software.
When you reopen this project, all applications should be shown and any of them should open properly.