Backing up b3 controllers to flash.
Backup to Flash
B3 Backup to Flash does not operate as expected.
The b3 controller Backup to Flash operates as follows;
System variables that indicate the status of Flash / Backup.
- StatusBackup – Indicates if backup is needed, has been done, or is in progress.
- StatusFlash - Indicates that the flash is empty, valid or has failed.
- LastBackup – Indicates the time and data of the last backup.
Backup to Flash Operation.
- Downloading a controller will clear the flash memory.
- Resetting a controller will clear the flash memory.
- A download to a controller which fails, will clear the flash memory.
- Setting the controller "RestartMode" variable to Cool Start, will reload the controller from flash memory on power up, assuming there is a valid backup available..
- Downloading a single object to the controller does not clear the flash memory.