Backing up a GCM database in Tree Tech, but the system wasn't originally engineered using Tree Tech. Is there a documented procedure for doing so?
Tree Tech 3.1 or 3.2
Tree Tech Engineering Guide, F-26640-4
Network 8000 GCM-84000, GCM-86000, LNC-1000, SIM-x
Earlier versions of the Tree Tech Engineering Guide, F-26640, didn't include a step-by-step procedure for backing up a GCM that had not originally been engineered using Tree Tech.
The latest edition, Tree Tech Engineering Guide, F-26640-4, has been appended to include a step-by-step procedure for creating and configuring all Tree Tech components necessary for ultimately uploading a GCM database. A link to this revised edition is available through the "Help" menu:
See Appendix B, "Creating a GCM Database Backup".
1. Creating a New Project Database
2. Adding the Equipment Segment
3. Adding the Network 8000 Object
4. Adding a GCM to the Network
5. Adding the Workstation Segment
6. Adding a Port
7. Configuring the NETWORK 8000 Network
8. Communicating with the GCM
9. Prepare for Backup (Upload)
10. Uploading the GCM Database