Can a UNC be setup as a BACnet server to expose its native Niagara objects as BACnet objects?
Niagara R2, UNC-520
By default, the UNC can only act as a BACnet client, not as a BACnet Server. An UNC-520 can be configured as a BACnet Server.
Steps for configuring exposing native Niagara objects and BACnet objects:
1. Open the properties of the native Niagara object you want to expose as a BACnet object.
2. Click on its Config tab
3. The foreignAddress must be changed from its default of “-1” to an integer from 0 - 4194302. (BACnet instance number rules applies)
4. Apply the change
The object is now exposed as a BACnet object.
The following standard Niagara objects can be exposed and BACnet objects:
• AnalogInput (AI) • MultistateInput (MSI)
• AnalogOutput (AO) • MultistateOutput (MSO)
• BinaryInput (BI) • Calendar
• BinaryOutput (BO) • Schedule
Reference Chapter 4 of the “BACnet Integration Reference” guide for more detailed information.