Unable to log in to the localhost, while all user names and passwords associated with the pc have been trtied.
TAC IA Series
I/A Series G3 software installed on Windows computer.
To log into the LocalHost Platform via the I/A Series G3 Workbench, a username and password needs to be used that is defined in the local Administrator's group of the computer on which the software is being used.
Many times, the user accounts on a computer will be Domain based accounts rather than local accounts. The I/A Series G3 software cannot authenticate with Domain based accounts.
If logged into the computer as a user that is a member of the Administrator's group, you should be able to create a new user account and assign that user to the Administrator's group.
Below is the procedure for creating a new local user and placing that user in the local Administrator's group on a Windows XP system.
- Right-click on the "My Computer" icon and select Manage.
- Click on the [+] box in front of "Local Users and Groups".
- Click on "Users".
- Right-Click in the righthand window and select "New User". A New User window will open.
- In the New User window, enter IAAdmin in the User name field.
- In the Full Name field enter "IA Admin"
- In the Description field enter "Local Administrator for I/A Series R2"
- In the Password field enter P@ssword.
- In the Confirm Password field enter P@ssword
- Uncheck the "User must change password at next login" option
- Check the "User cannot change password" option
- Check the "Password never expires" option
- Click the [Create] button then click [Close] to close the "New User" window.
- In the righthand window, right-click on the user IAAdmin and select Properties.
- In the IAAdmin Properties window that just opened, click the "Member of" tab.
- Click the [Add] button
- In the "Enter the object names to select" box, type in Administrators and press Enter.
- Click the [OK] button to save the changes.
- Close the Computer Management window.
When the Platform is opened and a login is attempted on Localhost, enter "IAAdmin" for the user name and enter "P@ssword" for the password.