What is the process for converting a Continuum Single User system to a Continuum LAN system.
Site wants to upgrade from Continuum Single User system to a Continuum LAN System.
- Order Continuum Key Upgrades from all Continuum CyberStation workstations and WebClient Servers.
- Coordinate with customers IT department
- Order all TCP/IP node addresses
- Coordinate the purchase and installation of all software
- Order all necessary domain accounts
- Make sure all domain accounts have sufficient permissions to support the installed systems.
PREPARE THE NEW CONTINUUM DATABASE ON SQL SERVER
- Set up your server and install SQL Server 2005 or 2008.
- Install CyberStation on a service Laptop or PC .
- Disable all virus protection software
- Disable all spyware software
- Disable all firewall software.
- Install Continuum CyberStation
- Run Database Initialization on service laptop
- Create new Continuum database.. NOTE: The new database should be given a name that differs from the existing database.
- Create the service Laptop workstation with a unique Device ID and Network ID.
- Launch Continuum
- Logon and verify that Continuum appears to be running normally.
MOVE FILES FROM EXISTING SU WORKSTATION TO THE SQL 2008 SERVER
- Backup PinFiles on original stand alone Cyberstation and move them to New Graphics Files folder on the new database server.
- Backup Background image files on original stand alone Cyberstation and move them to the background image files folder under New Graphics Files on the new database server.
- Backup the existing database and move it to the backup folder under SQL on the new Database server.
- Restore backup to Continuum database in SQL on the new database server..
- Shut down all the Cyberstation workstations that are attached to the old database.
- Change DB Owner
- Run query on new Continuum database
- Enter the text SP_ChangeDBOwner Andover97
- Execute this query.
- Query should return Success.
- Run Database initialization on the service CyberStation and update the new SQL 2008 Continuum database.
- Launch CyberStation on the service laptop and verify that the system is fully functional.
- Shut down service laptop.
CONNECT EXISTING WORKSTION TO THE NEW DATABASE SERVER
- Startup Existing CyberStation PC
- Launch Database Initialization
- Under Server, Update the new Continuum database with the same information entered via the service laptop..
- Under Workstation update the server information and apply.
- Launch Continuum.
- Configure Graphic File Location
- From Start Programs Continuum, run Pinpoint
- Under the View menu select Options.
- Enter the path on the new Continuum database server for the Graphic (Pin Files)
- Enter the path on the new Continuum database server for the Image files
- Enter the path on the new Continuum database server for the Background files
- Select Check and verify that no errors appear (Red X)
- Ideally uninstall SQL Express or MSDE or at least stop the service from running.
- Delete the Windows Scheduled tasks: CS_Distn, CS_Hrly, CS_ Minute as these are now performed by Jobs on the SQL server.
- Test all Continuum functionality.
- Setup a scheduled automatic db backup routine in SQL.
- Setup a scheduled trend log truncation routine in SQL.