When upgrading to a different revision of software in I/NET Seven, there are a few steps that are highly recommended to ensure that the database doesn’t get corrupted during the upgrade.
Performing an upgrade of I/NET Seven software.
- Close I/NET
- Start DB Create and select the Verify Database option.
- Verify that the database has 0 differences.
- Select Upgrade Database to force an upgrade
- Select the Verify Database option again.
- Now back up the database to the local drive or media and proceed with the upgrade.
- Once completed, Select Restore database and proceed to where the back up is and restore the database to the system.
Refer to Lessons Learned Article LL#15834 for more issues about DBCreate.