Does Niagara G3 provide a way to route alarms from multiple ENCs to the ENS, and then send emails alarms from the ENS?
Niagara G3, all versions
The alarm generated in the ENC must to be forwarded to the ENS. The following are steps for accomplishing this. It is assumed that Email service is already configured in the ENS.
Drag an AlarmClass object from the Alarm Palette to the AlarmService of both the ENC and ENS.
These Alarm Classes are for alarms which will be emailed. Name both the ENC and ENS AlarmClass the same. Both names must be the same.
- Drag a StationRecipient from the Alarm Palette to the AlarmService of the ENC.
- Open the property sheet of the StationRecipient
- Select the ENS from the Remote Station dropdown list. (must have an established NiagaraNetwork connection) - Save
- In the ENC AlarmService, connect the Alarm output of the Alarm Class to the StationRecipient’s Route Alarm input.
- Open the NiagaraNetwork of the ENS and select the ENC NiagaraStation.
- Expand the ENC station and select Alarms
- Right-click on Alarms and select Property Sheet
- For Alarm Class, select “Use Existing” from the dropdown list - Save
Setup is now configured to send alarm email via the ENS
StationRecipient class receives Alarms and formats them for another station. The StationRecipient is available in the Alarm Module. This object along with AlarmClass will be used in this setup.
Alarms from a remote station are routed to any "matching" AlarmClass, that is, one with identical name as the "alarmClass" field in each alarm record. If no local "matching" AlarmClass is found, the station's default AlarmClass is used.