Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Reloading ACX2/NC2 produces error when reloading the following system variables
The system variables in question (AllowedCreds, PersRecordCount, PIVReaderFormat) only apply to versions 1.1xxxxx and 2.1xxxxx of the ACX2 and NC2 respectively.
- Make sure the controller is running the appropriate version of the firmware.
If the problem persists even with the correct firmware version then...
- Export the controller to text file
- Edit the dump file and remove ALL system variables
- Delete the controller
- Import the file to re-create the controller (the system variables will be created when the controller is created)
- Reload the controller, the errors should not longer appear.