Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
Exporting data from a corrupt taclogdata database because it's no longer possible for Vista to log data to the database.
Tac Vista 5.1.X
SQL 2005 or newer
SQL Management Studio
The original database is corrupt, there are no backups available and Vista is unable to write to the database.
If not already installed, download and install SQL server management studio. Use a search engine to search for the appropriate version for your installation. Once installed, log on to your database instance (localhost\TACVISTA by default) and locate/select the taclogdata database in the Object explorer. Then follow the steps below:
BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! before starting this procedure!
1. Create a new clean DB via Vista server setup - don't start Vista.
2. Right click on the source DB in SQL management studio and select Tasks->Export Data.
3. Follow the wizard and select the source and destination DBs.
4. When you get to the "Select Source Tables and Views" stage, select the tables you want to copy.
5. For each table selected, select the table and click on the "Edit Mappings" button.
6. In the dialogue that appears, select "Append rows to the destination table" and check the "Enable Identity insert" check box.
7. After that, click next twice and then Finish.
After that the data should be copied from the old database to the new. The progress can be monitored in the wizard.