Getting “Lost Sync with system clock - resetting control engine” warnings messages in R2 Enterprise Server?
Niagara R2, Enterprise Server, UNC-520, UNC-410
The cause could be any one or a combination of several things listed in the resolution.
The following settings should be verified in both the UNC and Enterprise Server.
The following settings are for the Enterprise Server (ES):
- serverEnabled = true if syncing with UNC.
- clientEnabled = true if the ES is getting its time from an internet time sync server or site’s server. If not, clientEnabled= false.
- clientResetTolerance: the default is 30 sec with is too tight. Set it for a minute or more. (Remember to enter value as seconds, not minutes.)
- timeProtocolServer*: If clientEnabled = True, then all three slots should contain an address of a time sync server. If only one server is being used, then all three slots should be filled in with the one time sync server (same server). No slot should be left blank.
UNCs TimeSyncService settings:
- serverEnabled = false
- clientEnabled = true
- clientResetTolerance: the same would apply as the server
- timeProtocolServer*: the same would apply as the server
- reboot the UNC after any changes.