New computer to be used internally at a site to display I/A Series R2 & G3 graphics does not have Java installed on it. How do I get it installed without public internet access?
I/A Series R2 graphics display
I/A Series G3 graphics display
Java (Java Runtime Environment) is required to display the I/A Series R2 and I/A Series G3 graphics.
Follow these steps to download a copy of the current release of the Java (Java Runtime Environment) to a flash drive, CD, DVD or other portable media or device. You need to perform these steps on a computer that has public ethernet access.
NOTE: This procedure is current as of June 20, 2012 and may be different at a later date due to external web site changes beyond our control.
- Open your browser and go to the site http://www.java.com.
- Click the button [Free Java Download].
- On the "Download Java for Windows" screen, locate the link that reads "Not the right operating system?" Click the "See all Java downloads" link.
- On the "Java Downloads for All Operating Systems" screen, locate and click the link for "Windows Offline (32-bit)".
- Follow the prompts as displayed in your browser to save the downloaded file to your computer.
- After downloading the installation file, copy it to your portable media or device.
Connect your portable media or device to the target computer and install the downloaded file (jre-xxx-windows-i586.exe where xxx is the version identifier) into the computer following normal software installation procedures.