How does a Niagara R2 Master Enterprise Server work?
Niagara R2 Master Enterprise Server
Installation site have Master Enterprise server and need information on the functionality of the Niagara R2 Master Enterprise Server.
Here is a list of features and settings for a Master Enterprise Server:
- It allows the archiving of logs from subordinate Enterprise Servers
- It requires the “multisite” feature in its license file. This allows it to use the “Poll Archive” Service. The Poll Archive Service can be found in the local library / tridiumx / Multisite jar file. The Poll Archive Service is not required for the client devices.
- The Poll Archive service brings all data from the Application Database (“App” Folder) of the subordinate Enterprise Server. The new polled data is appended to the previous polled data in the Master Enterprise Server.
- The Address Book of the Master Enterprise Server must include the client stations as subordinates.
- Poll Archive Groups are individually enabled and each group has its own poll frequency. On the properties of the Poll Archive Service, enable the appropriate Poll Archive Groups and enter the poll frequency, in hours.
- A Date-Time Trigger object can be linked to the Poll Archive Service, which allows a choice of date and time for polling. Use the “Link From, Link To” method to create the link.
- A poll can be manually invoked by right-clicking the Services Container, choosing Go – Service Manager and then double-clicking the Poll Archive Service in the Service Manager. On the right of the screen, highlight the Poll Group and click the “Invoke” button on the lower right.
- It can get log data directly from log objects in a UNC 5x0 or 6x0. In the log object, check the box for “polled” next to archiveSetup.
- If the Master Enterprise Server is receiving polled data from a log object in a client station (which could be another Enterprise Server, a UNC 6x0 or a UNC 5x0), then the log service for the client station must be set to Archive Remote.
- If the Master Enterprise Server is receiving polled data from a client station’s already archived data (that is, from another Enterprise Server or a UNC 6x0 with Database Services), then the log service for the client station must be set to Archive Local.
- The Address Book of the client device does NOT need to include the Master Enterprise Server.
- The Poll group will be determined by the Master Enterprise Server’s Address Book.
- The archived data in the Master Enterprise Server can be viewed, as usual, in WorkPlace Pro with the Database Browser, or in the browser using the appdb, archive/index or chart/log servlets.