Windows has become corrupt and will not run Schneider applications
Windows 7 8
Windows has been damaged by installing a program or Virus and will not run Schneider applications
Be sure that the DVD you are using is for the same edition of Windows 7 that you are trying to repair – for example, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit or whatever specific version that you have. A full installation disc can be used for repair even if you have an OEM system. No product key is required in this process.
- Put the disc in your optical drive and restart to boot from the DVD. You may have to change the boot settings in your BIOS if booting from a CD/DVD is not enabled. Watch for the “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” message.
- On the "Install Windows" screen, make the appropriate selections for language, time, and keyboard, and then click “Next”.
- On the next screen, click “Repair Your Computer”. Do not click "Install now"
- In “System Recovery Options”, select which operating system you want to restore if any are listed. It will be blank in many systems with only one operating system.
- Click “Next”.
- The “System Recovery Options” screen shown below will open.
- Select “Startup Repair” or whichever option you wish to apply.
System restore will give you the option to go back to a point before the faulty software was installed. (Fixes most windows update issues)
Command Prompt is a more in depth fix which you can replace faulty .dll and registers by using this prompt, make sure you have the correct system drive in the command prompt i.e C:\ then type chkdsk/ r this will then run a scan of the system files and replace any damaged files with default windows files from the disk
Once you have repaired your Windows OS you will most likely have to reinstall your Schneider application before normal operation is restored