Need to execute a special sequence within an Infinet controller when it loses communication with its parent controller.
- Infinet Controller
- Comm failure
- Communication failure
- Plain English
Need to commence a special control sequence when controller loses communication.
In the Infinet controller create the following objects.
- DateTime: TestTime
- Numeric: CommFail
- InfinityProgram ImportTime.Pr
- InfinityProgram CommTest.Pr
In the ImportTime.Pr Program
- Create a line named CALCULATE
- On the CALCULATE line add a line that calculates the TestTime to be equal to the Date System Variable in the parent controller + 60 seconds.
- Create an E line
In the CommTest.Pr
- Create a WATCH line.
- Create a COMMLOSS line.
- On the WATCH line set COMMFAIL to OFF, then compare the local Date system variable to TestTime . When Date is greater then TestTime goto COMMLOSS
- On the COMMLOSS line Switch COMMFAIL On. Then add a goto statement that sends the program to WATCH when Date is greater then TestTime and TS > 180
All relevant programs should monitor the COMMFAIL numeric.