Importing an existing Xbuilder project into a Vista Database.
Site moving from Xenta Server only to Vista Server Front End
- Open your existing Xbuilder Project
- Select Project>Settings
- check the box labeled "Send Project backup file to target device"
- Click OK
- Press F11 to Sent the project file to target.
- Once this process is complete you will be able to recover the project file
- Open Vista workstation.
- Create a Xenta Server
- Right-click and edit the Xenta Server
- XBuilder will open
- Configure the Xenta servers IP and password information to match the existing device
- Select Project>Get From Target
- XBuilder will import the project files from the field device
- In XBuilder click on Vista Database and chose "Save As..." and browse down to the Xenta Server and click "Select"
- Click "OK" to the message "The LonWorks network in your XBuilder project will be replaced by the LonWorks network under the Xenta Server in Vista."
- In Vista, click on Refresh to refresh the Xenta Server