In WorkPlace Tech, monitor tags can not be placed into the open application. They disappear and there is no error message.
A layer being turned off in error and need to configure the layer setting to Visible.
Below are steps to resolve the issue:
- Close WorkPlace Tech.
Using Windows Explorer locate the VSD file, right click it, and clear the read-only and archive flags.
Open the drawing in Visio.
- Select "Customize" from the "Tools" drop-down menu.
- Highlight "Menu Bar" on the Toolbars tab of the Customize window and pick "Reset".
- Close the Customize window.
Select "Drawing Explorer Window" from the "View" dropdown.
- Expand Foreground Pages - Device Definition - Layers.
Right-click RealTimes and enable Visible.
- Close the "Drawing Explorer Window".
- Save and close the file.
Insert monitor tags will now work.