Is it possible to configure Workstation so that certain users see certain alarm categories?
StruxureWare Building Operation
There may be a need to restrict access to certain alarms on a site, if for example a site is comprised of two or more buildings, it may be appropriate for users in Building 1 to only see alarms from Building 1, and not the others.
To achieve this filtering a workspace, alarm view and user group must be configured.
- Start by creating an Alarm View object in Workstation.
- Edit the Alarm view and set an appropriate filter i.e. the alarm priority to be displayed.
- Next create a new Workspace.
- Ensure that an Alarms Pane is added and that the Initial Path property is set to the Alarm View created in step 1.
- Create a new user group and add the Workspace created in step 3 to the group's Selected Workspaces.
- On the Software Permissions tab for the group, give the group Read permission for the Alarm View created in step 1. Add other appropriate permissions as required.
- Lastly, create a user a make them a member of the User Group created in step 5.
Log in to workstation with the new user. You should then only be able to see the filtered alarms and the user should not be able to change the filter.
Also check out the SmartStruxure Software Permissions Quick-Help video on the Exchange.