Multical 602 - No pulse output detected for cooling energy from top module 602-0C
Kamstrup Multical 602 heating/cooling meter with 602-0C top module (part number MAPULSETOP-C)
The 602-0C top module was purchased separately from the Multical 602 meter.
The 602-0C top module is factory configured for a heat meter. Output C (terminals 16 and 17) is associated with heat energy CE+ which is stored in the calculator at register E1. The cooling energy CE- is stored in a separate memory location of the calculator at register E3.
Configure output C to cooling energy E3 using the METERTOOL HCW software and USB optical eye tool.
- Contact Product Support for the METERTOOL HCW software and the USB drivers for the USB optical eye tool
- The USB optical eye part number is MAOPTICUSB
Procedure to configure output C to cooling energy:
1. Run the METERTOOL HCW software
2. Place the optical eye over the small window on the front of the calculator
3. Make sure that the optical tool is held in place magnetically and is resting on the lower pins
4. Press the connect button in METERTOOL HCW
5. Select Modules from the menu on the left-hand side
6. Select Configure Top Module from the next screen
7. The configure button will be inactive and in order to make any changes, you must read current configuration. Press the Read button
8. Output C is set to CE+ and that Output D is set to CV+ and the Configure button is now active
9. Using drop down box for Output C, select the option CE- to specify that this output will connect to the Cooling Energy register E3
10. Press the Configure button to write the new setting to the 602-0C top module and wait for this write process to complete
- Remove the calculator top piece from its base
- Click front buttons a few times to use up power (drains super-cap)
- Once display goes blank, wait for 30 seconds
- Replace the calculator top piece onto its base
- Display should come on and meter initialises