Not getting the pop-ups or the sound when alarms are generated in the Vykon 2.50 Alarm Service (VAS). However, alarms are being logged to the VAS.
R2, Niagara version 529, 532, 535
No cause stated.
The new vas-2.301.536.v1.jar and vasClient jar files were created to correct the pop-up issue. This resolution applies to the VAS 2.50 Client and the vas-2.301.532.v2.jar. VAS 2.301.536.v1 JAR Files and Client can be downloaded from The Exchange Download Center.
Installation of the new vas-2.301.536.v1.jar file
- Stop the Enterprise Server running the VykonAlarmService
- Open Windows browser and go to C:\niagara\nre\modules
- Rename the current vas-2.301.532.v2.jar with the “.old’ extension
- Copy the new vas-2.301.536.v1.jar file to C:\niagara\nre\modules
- Restart the Enterprise Server.
Installation of the new vasClient.jar file
- Stop the VAS 2.50 client.
- Open Windows browser and go to C:\Program Files\Tridium\Vykon Alarm Service Client 2.50\lib
- Rename the current vasClient.jar with the “.old” extension.
- Copy the new vasClient.jar file to C:\Program Files\Tridium\Vykon Alarm Service Client 2.50\lib
- Restart the vasClient.
The vasClient alarm pop-up, along with its sound, should now be displayed when an alarm is generated.