Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
During certain situations, it may be required to remove and re-install PCT to address software conflicts with other software applications. While trying to remove/install PCT you may receive an error preventing you from completing the installation.
Client versions (64 Bit Only): Editions: Pro, Home, Enterprise
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
Server versions (64 Bit Only): Editions: Standard, Enterprise
- Server 2008 R2
- Server 2012
- Server 2012 R2
PCT versions (64 Bit OS Only ):
- SBO Project Configuration Tool v 188.8.131.527 - SmartStruxure Solution - Software
- SBO Project Configuration Tool v 184.108.40.2060 - SmartStruxure Solution - Software
- SBO Project Configuration Tool v 220.127.116.11 - SmartStruxure Solution - Software
- SBO Project Configuration Tool v 18.104.22.168 - SmartStruxure Solution - Software
- SBO Project Configuration Tool v 22.214.171.124 - SmartStruxure Solution - Software
In order to get past a possible installation loop you will need to locate and delete the following Windows registry key:
Note: Always make a backup of your registry before making any modifications.
3.Delete Registry Key entry: B2A4F0AEC8BB0E2438706F07E2E2560B