When graphics are updating, a PI Live Data error pops up randomly or values may not always update
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
PI Live Data is a timeout error. Pinpoint is having a difficult time accessing the data from the location it is being requested.
There are a number of reasons this error can occur. Try the following steps to narrow down the issue.
- Review the polling settings using Continuum Graphics (Pinpoint) update interval and polling speed
- Verify that the points that have been linked in Pinpoint are currently assigned to points that exist in an online controller. Too many points that have been changed and that are no longer linked can cause Pinpoint to timeout.
- Ensure that if pages are setup to navigate from one to the other that pages are not remaining open since this will multiply the number of values being requested.
- Run acctrace to determine what other processes are running on the Cyberstation at the time of the crash
- Remove SmartStruxure if it's installed on the same PC and see if the issue goes away.