Is it possible to replace a Xenta 400A I/O module in a LonMaker based project without a program download?
- Xenta 421A, 422A, 451A, 452A
- I/O Modules
There is an option in the system plug in that decides how the addressing of the I/O module is handled.
- If the checkbox "Xenta I/O modules commissioned with LNS" is checked (this is called preconfigured in the old NDB tool and in XBuilder), the Xenta starts communicating to the I/O module using the subnet node address it has been given by the network tool (Lonmaker).
- If the Checkbox is not checked, the Xenta will communicate with the I/O module on the neuron ID first to give the module the address that it thinks it should have.
- If the checkbox "Xenta I/O modules commissioned with LNS" is checked in the System Plug-In, and you replace the module in LonMaker, you do not have to download the Xenta.
- If the checkbox is not checked (the I/O module does not need to be commissioned in LonMaker), you have to download the controller or you can add the I/O module using the OP.