Running I/O Server as a service and an error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion pops up.
Running I/Net as a Host Tool under TAC Vista and wanting to configure I/O Server to run as a service.
I/O Server requires that MSSQL be tied to the dependencies of the service and when it is not listed, it will generate that error.
When this error comes up, there are several things that needs to be checked to verify that it is set and connecting to the correct database in I/NET:
- Right Click on My Computer and go to Manage.
- Select Services and Applications, expand that and select Services.
- Select I/O Server, Right Click and select Properties then click on Dependencies.
- MSSQL should be listed in there and more than likely it is not and has to be added.
- To add it, go to run and type regedit, go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\INet7IoSrv]
DependOnService – add the SQL instance (for example MSSQL$TACVISTA) and the
TACVista Server (TACOS).
- This multi string value should list:RPCSS,TACOS, MSSQL$TACVISTA
- Restart the PC and it I/O Server should be running as a service now.