Set the IP address of an Automation Server
- Automation Server
- AS-L, AS-B
One of the first steps to configuring an AS is to establish IP communications. Connect the AS to the computer via the USB cable then use the program "Device administrator" to set the IP address.
You use Device Administrator to set a static IP address for an Automation Server.
- Connect the Automation Server to the PC's USB port
- In Device Administrator, select the Automation Server you want to set the IP address for.
- On the View menu, click Console.
- If you are prompted to type a login name, type “admin”. Press Enter.
- If you are prompted to type a password, type “admin”. Press Enter.
- Type “setip”. Press Enter.
- If you want to change the host name, delete the current host name and type a new host name. Press Enter.
- Type “no” to use a static IP address. Press Enter.
- Type the IP address for the Automation Server. Press Enter.
- Type the subnet mask. Press Enter.
- Type the default gateway address. Press Enter.
- Type the DNS server address. Press Enter.
- Type the domain name. Press Enter.
- Type “yes” to write the configuration. Press Enter.
- After the Network settings successfully updated message is displayed,
- Type “exit” to log off. Press Enter.