Potential for Data Loss: The steps detailed in the resolution of this article may result in a loss of critical data if not performed properly. Before beginning these steps, make sure all important data is backed up in the event of data loss. If you are unsure or unfamiliar with any complex steps detailed in this article, please contact Product Support Services for assistance.
SevenReports Error when attempting to open report directly from Windows Explorer or Graphics link
- Error in command line parameters:
- Report Type: 255 Duration: 255
- Error Text: C:\INETSevenData\Reports\xxxxxxxx.rpt
The Icon for SevenReports is incorrect:
File association has some how become corrupt or it has been associated with the SevenReport.exe file after installing the SetupCrystalReportsXI.exe.
In most cases the file association will occur automatically and there is no need to manually do this. Best practice is to restart the computer after installation, this should stop this error from occurring.
Should this error still occur then this will require manually repairing the .rpt file association within the registry. Edit the following Registry keys so they appear as shown below:
If there is an additional sub-key (folder) under the .rpt entry called UserChoice; then delete this key.
If there are any other entries here they should be removed and this entry must match exactly as shown in this screen.
4. Close the registry editor and Windows Explorer (if opened)
5. Re-open Windows Explorer, browse to the INET Seven Reports folder (default "C:\INET Seven Data\Reports") and see that the ICON has changed back to the correct type and that double clicking on any of the reports now opens correctly. If not please contact Product Support.