Editing objects on a remote Sigma client takes about 10 seconds to open editing window.
PC / Laptop specification was not to the recommended minimum.
The reported issue was that when an object was edited, the editing windows could take at leased 10 seconds to open.
The minimum specification is as follows;
As previous recommendations, the highest PC specification should always be sought. However, the minimum system requirements for a Sigma Server or Sigma Standard Client are:
- PC with 2.0GHz processor (minimum).
- Mouse and keyboard.
- CD-ROM drive (CD-Writer recommended).
- 2GB of RAM.
- Hard disk with a minimum of 16GB of free space.
- 128MB SVGA graphics card.
- Monitor - 1024x768 17".
- Ethernet Network interface card with 100base T connector (RJ45). (100Mbits/s)
- Parallel Printer Port (Centronics) or USB port for Printer whichever is appropriate
- 1 spare USB port for Dongle (Server only).
- Operating System – please see below
Note: This is the minimum specification for a typical Sigma server of 10 controllers or fewer. As the number of controllers/objects increases, so should the PC specification. A large system should typically have a Pentium3.2GHz quad core processor, 3 to 4GB of RAM and a high speed HDD (SATA II, 7200 rpm + min 16MB cache).
Note: As Sigma operates on a 32-bit operating system no benefit will be gained by having a PC with more than 4GB memory.
Where a lower specification PC is currently being used, this release of software can be run. However, the performance would not be that of the recommended PC specification.