A local Sigma client does not display the background image of a Graphic, but a remote Sigma client does.
If a large image (bmp or jpg) has been used as the background in a Sigma graphic, the local client does not display the picture, but a remote clients or web clients do.
Some older machines, because of their graphics capabilities cannot display some Sigma graphics. Netbooks or laptops may also have a similar issue.
Users may also experience poor performance when opening graphics, animations and editing graphics.
In a lot of cases it will be possible to purchase a graphics adapter card that can display these graphics, but where this is not the case the size of the graphics files will need to be reduced in order to display the graphics correctly.
The recommended replacement Graphics adapter is as follows;
1GB graphics adapter which supports the appropriate version of DirectX (DirectX 11 for Windows 7 family).
It should be noted that it will not always be possible to buy a graphics adapter that will be compatible with the specific machine that has the problem. In this case the PC should be replaced with a better specification machine.
- Servers and Netbook computers will not be supported for Sigma Clients.
- A suitable graphics card will be required as specified above to display Sigma Graphics.
- Users may need to reduce the size of the graphics files where a suitable graphics card cannot be installed.
- Most modern workstation computers will be capable of displaying Sigma graphics.
- Most server machines will not be capable of displaying sigma graphics.