When starting SigmaX, an error is reported, the error is: - This application failed to start because side-by-side-configuration is incorrect.
Reinstalling SigmaX does not help.
- SigmaX error
- Side by side configuration
- Windows 7 laptop
- Windows 10 laptop
SigmaX error when trying to run on a Windows 7 laptop.
Use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open an elevated command prompt. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories
- Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
More Information about SFC scan can be found in this document: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
Note Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.
Please see Article #17093 for further information about Microsoft C++ Redistribuatables