1. What is the specification (spec) for a Sigma PC?
2. Do I need to use Windows XP SP3 with Sigma?
Sigma 4.05 SEB
Minimum requirements for a Sigma PC
The highest PC specification should always be sought. However, the minimum system requirements for a Sigma Server or Sigma Standard Client are:
- PC with 2.0GHz processor (minimum).
- Mouse and keyboard.
- CD-ROM drive (CD-Writer recommended).
- 2GB of RAM.
- Hard disk with a minimum of 16GB of free space.
- 128MB SVGA graphics card.
- Monitor - 1024x768 17”.
- Ethernet Network interface card with 100base T connector (RJ45). (100Mbits/s)
- Parallel Printer Port (Centronics) or USB port for Printer whichever is appropriate
- 1 spare USB port for Dongle (Server only).
Operating System – please see table below
Note: This is the minimum specification for a typical Sigma server of 10 controllers or fewer. As the number of controllers/objects increases, so should the PC specification. A large system should typically have a Pentium3.2GHz quad core processor, 3 to 4GB of RAM and a high speed HDD (SATA II, 7200 rpm + min 16MB cache).
Note: As Sigma operates on a 32-bit operating system no benefit will be gained by having a PC with more than 4GB memory.
Where a lower specification PC is currently being used, this release of software can be run. However, the performance would not be that of the recommended PC specification.
Sigma applications are 32-bit and will run on 32-bit versions of the operating system listed below except for Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition where the approval is for 64-bit.
|Microsoft||Service Pack||Server/Local client||Remote Standard Client|
|Windows 7 Professional||N/A||Yes||Yes|
|Windows 7 Ultimate||N/A||Yes||Yes|
|Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition||N/A||Yes||Yes|
|Server 2008 Standard Edition||SP2||Yes||Yes|
|Windows XP Pro||SP3||Yes||Yes|
|Server 2003 Standard Edition||SP2||Yes||Yes|
|Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition||SP2||Yes||Yes|
|Windows 2000||SP4 (gdiplus.dll)||No||Yes|
More information available in the Sigma Release 4.05 SEB Release Note