Using a USB - serial lead to SDCU a controller.
My Laptop does not have a serial port. Can a USB - serial lead be used to SDCU a controller.
A USB - serial RS232 can be used.
- Plug the lead in to the laptop.
- For 1st time use, install the driver that comes with the lead.
- Goto My Computer > View System Information > Hardware > Device Manager > Ports and check the port number assigned (this may change each time the lead is plugged).
- Use the SDCU lead and plug this between the USB - serial lead and the controller.
- Open SDCU utility and set the port to that seen in item 3.
- Configure controller.