Installing I/NET and Vista on the Same PC Using I/NET with MSDE for File Equalization
- I/NET 2.31 with MSDE
- Vista 5.1.4 with SQL2005 Express
- Windows XP
When Installing I/NET and Vista on the same PC and MSDE is desired for use with I/NET, I/NET must be installed first. If you are not using MSDE, please see Lessons Learned Article #4255.
- Completely Remove I/NET, Vista and all versions of SQL and MSDE from the system. See Lesson Learned Article #2992 and Lesson Learned Article #4595 for more details.
- Begin the I/NET Installation
- Select MSDE for the database installation.
- Complete I/NET and MSDE installation
- Install Vista
- Start Vista Server
- Start I/NET
- Configure I/NET as a Filemaster
- Build Database or restore from a backup.