Web page cannot be found when launching webClient on Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2003
When IIS is installed on Windows Server 2003, the default the ASP.NET account is not selected.
Since this account is not installed, webclient is unable to launch correctly.
When IIS is installed, by default the ASP.NET account is not selected. It must be selected by doing the following:
- Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components
- Click Application Server > Click the Details button
- Is ASP.NET selected? If not, select it to install
- Once it is finished, reboot the IIS server and launch webClient
If the ASP.NET account has been installed and you still receive the error launching webClient, then check web extensions in IIS.
- Open IIS Manager and expand the webclient server name
- Click on the Web Services Extensions folder under the expanded server name
- On the right window pane there will be 8 web service extensions listed
- By default, these are all prohibited
- All of these extensions except the first 2 need to be set to Allow
- (All Unknown CGI Extensions and All Unknown ISAPI Connections)
- Click on each of the other extensions listed and click on the Allow button
- Once this is finished, reboot the IIS server and launch webclient
If the above steps are taken and webClient still does not launch correctly, do the following:
- Uninstall Continuum from Windows Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs
- Reboot the PC
- Reinstall webclient without any Antivirus software running