On a new install an error is received when launching webclient using the URL. The error is 'Failed to access IIS metabase' Read access error.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
The .Net installation connection to IIS was made properly or the .net installation has been corrupted.
Register the .Net Framework on the webclient PC
- From a DOS prompt (Start>Run cmd+enter)
- Cd\Windows\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727 (this places you in the correct folder)
- Run aspnet_regiis.exe -i (This command re-registers the .net framework with IIS)
- Restart IIS (Right click on default web site in IIS Manager, select stop the start)
Uninstall/Reinstall .Net on the webclient PC
If the first step doesn't correct the issue then do the following
- Remove the versions of .net that you can from Windows Control Panel>Add/remove programs (Try one at a time 4.0, 3.5,etc) There are dependencies when uninstalling some .net versions, so you may need an uninstall tool from the following web site: (Use at your own risk - please read the information first) http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx
- Install .Net framework 20 using the following file provided on the webclient installation (C:\program files\webserver\redist\dotnetfx20.exe)
- Restart IIS (Right click on default web site in IIS Manager, select stop the start