What batteries and PSU cards can be used in a x96 Controller?
What batteries and PSU cards can be used in a x96 Controller or BAS controller?
- S-ARM7-BAT is the Sigma UNC PCB Battery Spare for the ARM7 CPU Board. The battery itself is a Ni-MH 2-Button Cell, 2.4v, 80mAh.
- S-V53-BAT is the Sigma UNC PCB Battery Spare for the V53/V25 CPU Board. The battery itself is a Ni-MH 3-Button Cell, 3.6v, 150mAh.
- S-X96-BAT is the Sigma UNCx96 Hi-Capacity Battery for the x96 products. The battery itself is a Ni-MH D-Cell pack, 10.8v, 5Ah (12-Hour).
- S-X96-STD is the Sigma UNCx96 Standard Capacity Battery for the x96 products. The battery itself is Ni-MH AA-Cell pack, 10.8v, 1500mAh (1.2-Hour)
Due to UK legislation in 2006 NiCad batteries could not be used and changes were made where NiMh batteries are used instead
2016-01-22: - Confirmed both the S-X96-STD and the S-X96-BAT battery packs are currently available.
Note: Schneider sales do not understand dashes, so when asking for price and availability you need to remove the dashes or they will not find the parts.
Specification Sales need Price provide by sales
S-X96-STD SX96STD £ 198.05
S-X96-BAT SX96BAT £ 541.19
General Rules for battery replacement and PSU card replacement/modification are:
- 11/2008 to present - The controller was originally shipped with the NIMH battery and PSU card suitable for charging the NiMH battery. These PSU cards are suitable for charging both NiMH and NiCad batteries.
- 04/2004 to 10/2008 x96 BAS/V53 PSU cards - The PSU card have to be replaced to fully charge NiMH batteries.
- 1999 to 03/2004 x96 BAS/V53 PSU cards - The PSU card have to be replaced to fully charge NiMH batteries.
- Pre 1999 BAS PSU cards - 2 resistors are required, the TPA explains how. The resistors are shipped with the NiMh battery. Note: If upgrading to Sigma then the Upgrade kit S-x96-UPKIT should be used which includes a new PSU card.