WorkPlace Tech Tool 5.7.4 causes Visio to crash when attempting to open some MNL-800 applications. The problem occurs with MNL-800 applications that were created with WorkPlace Tech version 4.x where the application does not use the hardware schedule function.
WorkPlace Tech Tool version 5.7.4
MNL-800 application file created with WorkPlace Tech Tool version 4.x
Hardware schedule has never been enabled using an earlier version of WorkPlace Tech Tool version 5.x
Required hardware tag "DayOfWk" missing (normally shown on left tag rail, if unused in the application).
This problem is automatically repaired in WPT version 5.7.5 or newer.
While we recommend upgrading WPT to 5.7.5 or newer, you can continue to run WPT 5.7.4 and correct the problem by taking the file to a computer running WorkPlace Tech version 5.7.3 and following this procedure:
- Open the existing file in the existing project (or in a new project).
- Run the Hardware Wizard and click [Next] twice to display the Time & Schedule page.
- Check the box "Enable the built-in schedule" then click [Finish] to update the application file with the schedule reference tags.
- Run the Hardware Wizard a second time and click [Next] twice to display the Time & Schedule page.
- Un-check the box "Enable the built-in schedule" then click [Finish] to update the application file removing the unused schedule reference tags.
- Close the application. This will save the changes to the application file. If prompted to convert the drawing, do not convert it.
The saved application file will be usable in WorkPlace Tech Tool version 5.7.4